October 18, 2004

Google SMS

After some real world usage of the new Google SMS feature over the weekend I think Google hit something with unlimited potential. Finding a specific restaurant address or even a type of restaurant in my general vicinity was a snap and my answers came to me almost immediately. Essentially this little service lets you get the same Google Local results that appear at the top of any regular Google search that incorporates a location along with keywords right on your cell phone. There's a host of other little tricks, like getting unit conversions and dictionary definitions, and I'm guessing pretty much any of the little known additional features that the Google site already has to offer right through the search box. It will definitely be interesting to see where this might lead.

No comments: